Student Expectations for Google Meet Behaviors
To maintain a positive, productive learning environment and assure confidentiality for students and teachers during distance learning, all students are asked to observe the following privacy guidelines:
- Keep in mind, you are IN SCHOOL! Hours and attendance will run simultaneously with your scheduled classes. Students are expected to log in and remain for the entirety of the class period.
- Be on time.
- Come prepared.
- Dress appropriately - District dress code - Policy 5132, https://boardpolicyonline.com/?b=rahway
- Neutral background.
- Find a quiet place free of distractions - Family members, including parents, guardians, siblings, should not be a part of the meetings.
- Attempt to select an area in your home with enough space for necessary items- books, notebooks, computers, etc. Do not include family members in Google Meetings.
- Use your computer. Put your phone away. Don’t be distracted by phones or games.
- Turn cameras ON; sit up and show your face in the camera. Do not turn off your camera.
- Mute yourself until you are told to unmute.
- Ask questions in the chat and/or raise your hand.
- Use polite and appropriate language.
- Give your best effort online as you would in the classroom.
- Students should check their email daily.
- Do not record meetings to protect the privacy of all participants. You must have legal consent from all of the participants to record a meeting. Inappropriate use/behavior on Google Meets will be handled according to the district’s Code of Conduct.