Rahway Early Childhood Advisory Council (RECAC)
The Rahway Early Childhood Advisory Council (RECAC) is designed to support the efforts of Early Childhood Education in Rahway by promoting community collaborations and strengthening family involvement. The goal of this Council is to support children and families as life-long learners.
The Rahway Early Childhood Advisory Council’s mission is to support an all-inclusive, high quality education for Preschool and Kindergarten children who reside in Rahway. We believe early childhood is a crucial time in development that requires positive experiences from which children can develop and grow. The goal is to provide an all-inclusive, high quality education for preschool and kindergarten children who reside in Rahway. Early childhood is a crucial time in development that requires positive experiences from which children can develop and grow. As such, we will:
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment where children will play, explore, experiment, and develop a lifelong joy for learning
- Utilize developmentally appropriate practice and proven research to guide instruction
- Implement a research-based curriculum with an aligned assessment system
- Intentionally plan lessons, activities, and experiences that promote high expectations, exceed standards, and build a strong academic and social-emotional foundation
- Promote acceptance and understanding of our unique and special attribute
- Provide an inclusive program with appropriate supports and individualized plans as needed for children with special needs or dual language learners
- Develop creative thinkers and problem solvers who make good choices and develop positive self-esteem
- Collaborate and partner with families, health service providers, and community stakeholders
- Provide ongoing, comprehensive professional development to early childhood professionals who educate and support our children and families.