Period 3, 4, 6, 7, 9
Available for extra help: By appointment or before school after 7:30am every day.
Students will be studying world cultures ranging from modern European History to the 20th Century.
- Textbook: World History: The Human Journey. Austin, Texas, Holt, Rinehart and Winston 2003
- Teacher created worksheets, maps and reading assignments
Scope and Sequence: (subject to change)
1. Middle Ages/Feudalism
2. Renaissance and Reformation
3. Monarchs of Europe
4. Enlightenment and Revolution in England and the Americas
5. The French Revolution
6. Monarchs in Europe
7. The Industrial Revolution
8. Age of Reform
9. Nationalism in Europe
11. World War I and Russian Revolution
12. The Great Depression
13. Nationalist Movements Around the World
14. World War II and the Cold War
15. World Since 1945 in Asia, Africa, Latin America
Class discussions, cooperative learning, research papers and group projects
The grading policy will follow the letter grades as stated in the Rahway High School handbook. A passing grade of 63 or better must be attained to pass the class. A grade will consist of 40% tests, 30% quizzes, 30%, homework.